Book Review: The Paris Apartment

 

This is the third (and at the moment) last Lucy Foley book that I have read. The plot and story of The Paris Apartment are a break from the last two books The Guest List and The Hunting Party.

Jess has arrived in Paris, eager to start a new life, and her brother Ben has offered to let her stay with him until she gets her feet under her. Except, he’s not home when she arrives and seems to have vanished into thin air despite leaving her a voicemail only a few hours earlier.

The other residents of the apartment building are both hostile and mysterious, either they refuse to talk to her about Ben or seem to act clueless about their knowledge of him. Like Foley’s other novels, this story jumps through different points of view, each hinting to the mystery of what has happened to Ben.

I found the story drawing me in as they mystery thickened. I enjoyed this book much more than the other two that I have ready by Lucy Foley. The characters seemed more real to me, and the twists and turns were beautiful.

I would recommend this book to those who enjoy a good mystery thriller.

This is a review of a library book that I borrowed via Libby.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Snap

Book Review: The Squirrel on the Train

Book Review: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy