Book Review: Amber Sky

I found Amber Sky by Claire Warner to be a quite enjoyable book to read. The plot may sound generic with its dystopian feel and the lower classes being trod upon by the nobles, but the story itself gives it its own unique feel.
I quite liked the characters and the protagonist, Tay, felt real to me. She had the weight of the world thrust on her shoulders and took the routes she felt were best to protect her younger siblings. At times she felt overwhelmed and reacted accordingly
The prose wasn't heavy and flowed easily and naturally. It was a book that I found hard to put down and found myself still reading in the early hours of the morning. The twists and turns that lead up to the ending left me wanting to read the next book in the series.
I would recommend it to those who enjoy young adult novels with a female protagonist. There is a little bit of romance sprinkled in as well.

A free copy of this e-book was provided to me via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Snap

Book Review: The Squirrel on the Train

Book Review: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy