Book Review: The Squirrel on the Train

I really enjoyed The Squirrel on the Train by Kevin Hearne. Oberon, the canine protagonist, lends humour to the tale with his observations being from a dog's point of view.
This is the second book in the series, and the first one that I've read. New readers to the series, like myself, are able to read the second book without any confusion. All characters are introduced with sufficient details, along with any referencing to the previous book.
Having previously owned a Boston Terrier, the cover of The Squirrel on the Train attracted my attention first, the blurb sealed the deal. Possibly evil squirrels? A mystery surrounding a murder? Dogs! The book lived up to my expectations and the canine characters reminded me of my own dogs in their antics (especially when it involved food).
The story flows smoothly, it is a short read though.
Those who love dogs, or own them will enjoy this book. Also recommended for mystery lovers.

This eARC was provided to me via NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Snap

Book Review: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy