Book Review: Renegades

Renegades by Thomas Locke is an enjoyable sci-fi novel. It focuses on three main characters; the twins Sean and Dillon Kirrel, and Logan. The point of view switches often between the three, giving the reader a complete picture of the story.
Renegades is part of a series, and I often found myself wishing that I had read the first book Recruits to understand a bit more about the past events that are mentioned. Despite that, I found the plot of Renegades to be interesting, and the plot engaging. The technology and terms used are easy enough to grasp.
I quite liked the characters. They felt real to me, especially Sean as he debates with himself the correct courses of action. Both twins would do anything to help each other, and Logan had the loyalty of his friends. 
Renegades ends off with threads promising another book in the series, and the conclusion itself is satisfying. 
I would recommend Renegades to those who like sci-fi and adventure, and as the title hints at; there is also a bit of shadowy groups trying to gain power. Some romance is mentioned, but it does not overshadow the story. 
This novel made me want to read the first book in the series, and continue with any future books when they are published. 

A free copy of this e-book was provided to me via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Snap

Book Review: The Squirrel on the Train

Book Review: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy